Try this recipe from Mrs Beeson’s Family Cookbook. Suitable from 5+ months 🥄 #weaning
Spilt little orange lentils 60g/2oz, Cubed Butternut Squash 90g/3oz, Butter or Sunflower Oil 30g/1oz and a sprinkle of cinnamon (optional).
- Heat butter (or oil) in the saucepan.
- Add well rinsed and drained lentils to the pan and coat for a couple of minutes until they look shiny.
- Add cinnamon allowing it to coat the lentils.
- Incorporate butternut squash cubes and mix well.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the butternut squash is tender and the lentils well cooked.
- Drain any excess water and mash up with a fork for younger babies. Leave to stand in a bowl to cool before serving.
Try to only introduce a couple of new tastes a week to start with to give your baby the opportunity to discover each flavour.
More ideas – We’ve got a great choice of early weaning foods for you. See First Stage Weaning Vegetables, Fruits, Cereals & Pulses, Meal Planners and more Recipe Cards for a more little weaning inspiration.
Find out more in Sarah’s books.